- We do have a spare refrigerator in the basement, and a chest freezer.
- My husband moved everything down there.
- (I later paid him back by being the one to find a disgusting dog accident and clean it up.)
- My husband also cleaned behind and under the fridge after I asked him to move it for me so I could do it.
- We haven't had to throw away any food yet.
- I will probably lose 5 pounds from a) all the trips back and forth to the basement and b) the deterrence factor of said trips.
- The repairman is on his way.
- If the fridge is salvageable, it will be the cleanest it's been in years, since I'll scrub it sparkling before I refill it.
- If it's not, I just read that October is the best month to get a good deal on new appliances.
- It's not yet cold enough to keep our perishables on the porch.
[grudgingly] I guess I feel a little better. Anything I forgot?
Update, Tuesday: After $62 and the removal of two handfuls of dust and a magnetic dart from inside the bottom of the fridge ... it works fine. My husband is mourning the loss of his stainless steel dreams.