Monday, January 26, 2009

Incoming: Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day always catches me off-guard. I always feel I deserve a longer break after all the giftiness in December. Then along comes February 14 and suddenly I need dozens of teeny tiny cards for the kids' classmates and oh yeah, maybe I should get cards for the kids from me too, and I guess one for my husband while I'm at it. I was shocked the first time my kids got not just those cards with the see-through envelopes, but little bags of candy and other goodies. I missed the memo on that one (and I still resist).

So. If you want to be more prepared than I usually am, please to visit The Full Mommy's Valentine Gift Guide. It features goodies galore for kids, spouses, and even a little something for your favorite dog. Thank you to Leighann and Amy for tons of great reviews.

2009 Valentine Gift Guide,The Full Mommy

6 comments:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I always buy the Valentine play-doh to distribute to classmates at preschool. I was shocked the first year when a lot of the moms made elaborate home made cards and scrapbook-inspired goody bags. I couldn't help but think, "Geesh, people, when do you sleep?"

(Yeah...and that's coming from me of all people!)

Lady M said...

Just added the button to my page!

JGH said...

Valentine's Day is on a weekend this year so I'm planning some kind of special breakfast. I have no idea what though. So are we (hopefully) off the hook with the classroom stuff since it's on Sat??!!

Mayberry said...

Jenny, I really hope so! Haven't heard anything from either school, but it sure would be nice!

Hip Mom's Guide said...

Oh, no way will you be off the hook at school. I'm sure they'll find a day to celebrate!

Mayberry, I totally hear you about being caught off-guard. My second son's birthday is a few days later and I'm often scrambling to find SOMETHING he didn't get for Christmas. Truly, is there anything left to buy? Well, there is, of course, but he surely doesn't NEED it.

the mama bird diaries said...

My daughter's first year in preschool, I did not realize that we were all suppose to buy cards and candy and whatnot. Sigh...