Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My tree-hugging siblings would be so proud

and so would anyone else green, along with you future MILFs and cycling chicks. I've used the bike trailer for the past few child-care runs and plan to keep it up all spring and summer. No pollution, a mini-workout, and the kids think it's fun. Win, win, win.

I don't think I need to explain how blissed out I am that spring is here. We spent almost all day Sunday outside playing, chatting with the neighbors, and making feeble attempts at yardwork. The kids were so worn out that they conked out before 7 p.m. (!) so I had time to read a few chapters of my book* and take the dog for a nice walk before it got dark. Yesterday was crazy warm and I took my laptop out on the porch for part of the day, played with the kids outside after school, and then ate dinner with them at their kiddie picnic table. That's one benefit of a long, cold winter -- we sure appreciate spring when it does show up.

*Book update: Page 844, and we postponed our meeting for a week. So there's a chance a might even finish it in time.

9 comments:

Magpie said...

I'm so happy it's spring too - there were snowdrops blooming this morning that weren't there yesterday!

Bon said...

nice, nice spring. we're pretty far north, so it's still hovering around freezing here, but we did yard work on Saturday too. hey, it was sunny.

as for the bike trailer, rock on! bicycles in general scare me - even my exercise bike sends me into minor fits of panic, so juggling traffic with a child trailing off the back of me would actually qualify as a nightmare pour moi, but i have great respect for those who can use them without terror.

your legs will be so hott. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I think I may just have to spring for a trailer myself.

But I did ride my bike to Michael's over the weekend to buy more ribbon - entrepreneurial AND health-conscious!

Movin Mom said...

it was beautiful wasn't it?

Jerri Ann said...

I love spring. I can't elp but get excited (my letter after g is sticking)

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

Right on! Does that mean you pulled TWO kids in a trailer? I only did that a few times, it was way too much work.

My son can ride on his own bike now, so I just pull my (25-lb) daughter while he rides alongside.

Mayberry said...

Jennifer, I do take them both in the trailer. Combined weight is maybe 65 lbs... but everything around here is flat, flat, flat so it's not too hard.

Girlplustwo said...

ahhh. yes. spring. it's hard to say that coming from california, but green is green.

Kate said...

Ahhh, ditto on springtime. Me and the kids went on a 3 mile trek along a bike trail last weekend and it felt great! I am so done with winter.