So the Blog Exchange assignment is "Best of 2007." I think my partner is on the road so I'm going to put up my post right here, but you can click the BE link to find several more good reads on the topic.
Now. What exactly was the Best of 2007? I can't talk about the best movies because I think I saw two new releases this year (both of them on pay-per-view on my couch). TV shows? You've probably already heard of "Project Runway." Music? You did see my music meme post, right? Books ... did I mention I read The Count of Monte Cristo this year? I did? Also it wasn't published in 2007. Never mind.
In fact, I think every "best of 2007" list in the world has already been done. Top PR blunders, best gay cars, top new organisms, sexiest athlete wives, most interesting webcams, craziest architectural renderings, and 15 different accountings of top buzzwords.
What could I add to this genre?
- Best ways to entertain a little boy in an airport? (#1: dry, crumbly muffin.)
- Best family history find? (#1: The annotated Barbie clothes dresser).
- Blurriest ice shanty pictures? (#1: Mayberry's shantytown).
- Best unintended innuendo at the doctor's office? (#1: Your T&A Journey.)
- Top toilet interviews? (#1: Jo's video, of course.)
Photo: Quentin Jones, theage.com.au.