Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mythbusting

1. Any bug with 6 legs or less (i.e., any true insect) is edible.
Source: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman

2. To calm a dog who is disturbed by a thunderstorm, rub her with a dryer sheet.
Source: Random mother on school playground

Guess which one I tested?

It didn't work.

9 comments:

Lady M said...

Re #1 - Ewwww!

I hope you tried #2.

Tree said...

Me, too. I vote for #2!

Did it work? Did he smell dryer-fresh?

Catizhere said...

Well, at least the dog won't cling to your pants....I hope.

I would so totally fail at Survivor. I don't think I could eat a bug.

Heather said...

I like to gross myself out once in a while and think about how many bugs we eat when we're sleeping.

You're welcome.

the mama bird diaries said...

#2? Benadryl. That's what we use to give our dog when she FREAKED out from thunderstorms. just a 1/2 a tablet. did the trick. but i'm not trying to push drugs on your dog. :)

Kimberly said...

Please, please, please tell me it was #2. Because #1 makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Leeanthro said...

I pulled a lady bug out of the baby's mouth the other day. Not sure if it was alive or dead when it went in! Hope he doesn't do it again, yuck!

Kelly said...

#1 is niz-asty! Although among the bugs I've eaten unintentionally are mosquitos and gnats...

movin'mom said...

HHHMMMM.........

I am going to guess that if you ate a bug....it flew in your mouth while out on a bike ride.


I'd go with the dog dryer sheet scenario. My sis-in-law actually has a prescription from her vet and they drug him on every storm. I like the Benadryl idea....it seems less narcotic like.