So today, as I convalesce, here's a little meme from Kimberly over at Gav Menagerie (who by the way has two of the cutest girls in the blogosphere. Join me to sigh at the adorableness). I'll merge this with the "ask me questions" fad that's sweeping the interwebs too: If any of these responses pique your curiosity, say the word and I will proffer up more fascinating detail. Or make up some entirely unrelated question. I'm easy.
Five things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Dating Jeff and riding the Sphinx bus a lot
2. Working in New York City (just like Kimberly)
3. Spending half the summer house- and dog-sitting in the New Jersey 'burbs
4. Ghost-writing a book
5. I can't remember anything else. I didn't have a blog then!
Five things on my to-do list today:
1. Fold an enormous mountain of laundry (just like Kimberly)
2. Select and buy the kindergarten snack for tomorrow
3. Cajole kids to write/scribble on thank-you notes for birthday gifts
4. Pick up tax returns
5. Upload birthday pics for nagging grandparents
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Flat Earth Baked Veggie Crisps/Tomato Ranch
4. String cheese (just like Kimberly), or better yet, Babybels
5. Anything furtively filched from the many stashes of candy/sweets in this house: Easter baskets, party favors, birthday leftovers ...
Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Enjoy the fact that my husband took his job and shoved it, so can't whine about it anymore
2. Open a Bikram yoga studio in my town so I could go there whenever I wanted
3. Quit my job so I could go there whenever I wanted
4. Travel (non-commercial air only of course; just like Kimberly)
5. Throw lots of money at big problems like poverty and climate change
Five of my bad habits:
1. I blog instead of working (as we speak!)
2. I hold grudges
3. I get snappish when I haven't had a good night's sleep (just like Kimberly)
4. I don't make time for exercise
5. I am a clutterer. It's mostly all stuffed in closets but it's there. Oh boy, it's there.
Five places I have lived:
1. Crafthole, Cornwall
2. Philadelphia, PA
3. Grenoble, France
4. Davis, CA
5. Weehawken, NJ (just like Kimberly). OK, not exactly. It was the town right next door. But I spent a lot of nights in Weehawken before that (see #1 in the "10 years ago" list).
Five jobs I've had:
2. Office flunky
3. Newspaper reporter (just like Kimberly)
4. Newspaper deliverer
5. Magazine editor
Five bloggers I tag to go next:
You, or you, or maybe you? Bonus points if you can repeat any of my answers, like me and my twin Kimberly.