Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nope, still not done talking about that appendix

ITEM 1: Going home today--maybe, probably, we hope so? Fingers crossed.

ITEM 2: This hospital has been awesome. The next time I get a Zagat survey for children's hospitals I will give it consistently high marks. The only missing from our room is a reading light, for those (admittedly rare) nights when the kid fell asleep before the parents.

ITEM 3: Suggestion for basement inventors: Please figure out a way to make easily removable adhesive tape for medical use. Oh the screaming.

ITEM 4: When I agreed to try out (well, have Jo try out) Hanes' No Ride Up underwear for the Parent Bloggers Network, I had no idea that we'd be subjecting the "Comfort Fit Promise"--a money-back guarantee!--to such a rigorous test.

Check The Full Mommy to find out how the Hanes undies fared against a sore post-op tummy (and two ways to get freebies for yourself).

12 comments:

Lady M said...

Are you home? I hope so!

Thank god for edible hospital food. After Q was born, the staff was apologizing for having to put me on clear foods for a day to make sure I was recovering ok. I said I didn't mind because I am the weirdo who LOVES jello. Hope you got better chow though.

Binkytowne said...

I can imagine the screaming. When they took the miles off tape off my IV it hurt worse than the three attempts to get the IV in (and that hurt a lot!)

Fingers and toes crossed!

Mandy said...

Glad everyone's on the mend.

Thank goodness for comfy underwear.

Magpie said...

Re #3 - and after you get the tape off, how do you get the residue off? I swear that I had tape residue on me for weeks after my child was born.

Hope you get home today.

Bon said...

i am happy you get to go home, with a healing and comfortably-underpantsed Jo. :)

Shonda Little said...

My mother had her appendix out 3 weeks ago and spent the following 2 in the hospital. I spent all but two nights on the shitty cot provide to me by a team of the worst nurses in the United States. Thank God for the lap top and a wireless connection.
She ended up having a second procedure to unkink a bowel that was snagged in surgery #1.
Of course, the FORGOT to start the antibiotics the doc ordered, so she ended up having slight pneumonia, thus holding up the recovery. It was a nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found
your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post
sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please
include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Jules Viernes
BestRank.com

Heather said...

Ohhh that tape. I feel her pain (or I did as recently as 2 months ago!) And yes, magpie, I wanted something to take the residue off my belly. It was too sore to rub it off (my usual method) and nothing else would get it off. I finally healed enough to do the rub method about 6 weeks later.

Hope she's home and doing well!

Nancy said...

I hope you're home by now and that Jo is feeling better. What a long road for you all.

Mrs. Wheezer said...

Hope you're home now! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Abdominal surgery leave you surprisingly exhausted and sore. Afraid to sneeze or cough or laugh. Hope you feel better soon.

Scribbit said...

I had to come and read the full story--glad the hospital took good care of you. I was in the hospital once and the nurses were so kind and so sweet that I still have a soft spot in my heart for them.