That pretty much sums up the weekend (snore. I know), along with a little list I started called "Alarming independence, Opie":
- unbuckles car seat while vehicle is traveling 65 mph on highway
- reaches weedkiller on garage shelf, uses it to "clean" tricycle
Tempered, I'll admit, by "Welcome independence, Jo":
- puts Opie down for nap: reads book, snuggles on chair, leaves room with stay-in-your-bed! admonition
- reads self to sleep, including switching off the light
- assists Opie with five a.m. drink of water request, without waking parents
Huh. I now sound like I paid far more attention to my groundcover than my children, at least in the past 72 hours. Well sometimes that's just life in suburbia. OK? OK?