Sunday, September 30, 2007

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

1. Work: Eh. Lovely catching up with coworkers and demonstrating that I am, indeed, more than just a voice wafting through the speakerphone. Much slower pace than last visit. Project that I went to launch didn't launch, thanks to no help at all from other parts of our group. Blah blah story of our little team's life blah blah.

2. Opie: excellent companion. Befriended many fellow travelers. Dug the subway (except when it was "too woud"). Can demonstrate Statue of Liberty pose. Wants to be a "stick guy" for Halloween.

3. Neighbor child doting on Opie: Largely annoying (mostly because he riled Opie up so that it took me an average of one hour each night to get him to fall asleep). All forgiven when I learned he'd written in his school journal that "the best part of this week is taking care of the Baby Opie."

4. Celeb sightings: No Clooney, but Opie saw Chris Noth and Eric Bogosian and we both saw John McCain.

5. This weekend, aka The Return:

Guess whose is whose?

The lost tooth, by the way, is literally lost, somewhere in the depths of Home Depot. I only hope the next person rummaging through one of those drawers full of nuts and bolts doesn't find a small, bloody incisor instead. Jo wrote the following note to the fairy (punctuation emphatically hers):

Jo! lost! my! Tooth!
Look! for! it! at!
Home!
Depot!
[signed]
Jo!
Bye!

8 comments:

Julie Marsh said...

I!
Love!
It!
All!

"Stick guy" - bwahahaha!

Lady M said...

Sorry about the project.

Is Stick Guy the Statue? I'm a little slow today.

Damselfly said...

"My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!" hee hee

ewe are here said...

I hope the tooth fairy came through!

hee hee

Magpie said...

Stick!
Guy!

Awesome. Sounds like a nice trip with the baby Opie.

Jennifer (ponderosa) said...

My son wants to be the stick guy when he grows up! Either that or a pilot.

Thurs I'm flying to PA with both my kids (and husband too). I will be consulting your list before packing!

mamatulip said...

LOL! I love the note! I lost a tooth at my grandmother's once and wrote the tooth fairy a note too, but I didn't write it with as much enthusiasm! as Jo did.

Anonymous said...

oh man. the tooth thing! hilariously disgusting.

sucks about the project though.